YATTA LTD. ("YATTA", "we", "us") provides you with the YATTA mobile software application ("app") and the YATTA website (www.YATTA.ai) ("site"). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice details the personal information that we collect from you, how we use that information, and your rights as they pertain to that information. This notice supplements any other fair processing or privacy notice that may be provided to you from time to time and should be read in conjunction with our terms and conditions.
Our goal as a company is to help people spend smarter, save more, and reduce their money-related stress — and an essential part of that is upholding the highest degree of transparency when it comes to our users' personal data.
YATTA LTD is a company registered in IRELAND (678661) a and whose TRADING address is DOGPATCH LABS, CUSTOM HOUSE DOCK, DUBLIN 1 , REPUBLIC OF IRELAND. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact
We have appointed PROGRAM MANAGER to oversee our data privacy and protection practice. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our privacy practice, you may contact them directly at: SOCIAL@YATTA.ai.
Information we collect
We will collect and process the following information about you either from your use of our site and app:
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our app or site, interacting with us on the app, or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise and includes information you provide when you register to use our app, sign up to our waitlists, use the services provided by our app or certain third-party services, when you report a problem with our app or submit a complaint. The information you give us includes your name, the nickname to which you would like YATTA to refer to you as, your email address, responses to our interactions with you via our app chat feature, details of any comments you provide to us, your spending habits, spending and saving preferences, financial information, location, and transaction data. Brazilian-based customers may also provide us with their gender.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site or app, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, location data, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, GPS data, operating system and platform and cookies, which will be collected in accordance with our cookies policy set out below; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our app and site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, your conduct via the app and site, and any other app or site activity, including download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from third parties.
In order to retrieve your financial data from your financial institution(s), we employ specific third party data providers.
If you are an EU/UK-based user of the app we use PLAID (PLAID.COM);
Why do we collect your information?
We collect your information in order to:
- provide you with information and services that you request from us;
- pregister and maintain your YATTA account. When you sign up to use our app, we will use the details provided on your account registration form to create and administer your account;
- provide you with access to the YATTA site and app in a manner convenient and optimal for you and with personalized content relevant to you, including enabling you to create a profile;
- connect you with third party financial services providers at your request;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our app when you choose to do so;
- provide you with marketing information about other services or products we offer that are similar to those that you have already requested or purchased, or about the services or products you have consented to receiving marketing about;
- manage our relationship with you, including notifying you about changes to our services and/or products;
- provide customer support;
- enable us to interact with you on social media platforms, for example, posting status updates, responding to comments and messages, posting, 'retweeting' and 'liking' posts;
- gather information and insights on how users are using our service in order to deliver improvements and new features; administer our site and app and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- deliver (whether directly or indirectly via third parties) effective and personalized marketing material and content of YATTA and where you have consented and to assist us in the improvement and optimization of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the sites; and
- comply with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures.
Basis for using your personal information
To use your personal information, we will rely on three conditions, depending on the activities we are carrying out:
Necessary for the entry into / performance of a contract:
When you agree to our terms and conditions, you enter into a contract with us. In order for us to fulfill our obligations under such contract, we will need to collect and process your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite personal information or objecting to this type of processing/exercising your deletion rights will, unfortunately, mean we cannot provide our services to you. We may also process your personal data in order to connect you with third party service providers at your request and with whom you may enter into a contract.
We (or partners on our behalf) use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own, but this is provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. By “legitimate interests” we mean our legitimate business interests in:
delivering customer service and support in relation to our services;
developing and improving our services; and
performing statistical analysis and internal research to understand how our customers use our products and services to provide the best experience possible to you.
We may also pass your personal information to members of our group and other third parties and this is also for our legitimate business interests as covered in the “Sharing your personal information” section below.
Your consent (where we request it):
When we collect your consent, we will explain what we need it for and how you can change your mind in the future. If we process your personal information based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. The opt-out methods will depend on how the consent was collected and will be explained when you give us your consent. We rely on your consent to place certain cookies and further information on this is available in our Cookies Policy which you may access through our website.
Sharing your personal information
We will only disclose your personal information to:
- third party financial service providers where you have requested such services;
- other users in your jurisdiction when you post a comment on our app;
- our professional advisors (including without limitation tax, legal or other corporate advisors who provide professional services to us);
- other third party suppliers for marketing purposes (including, without limitation, sending marketing emails) such as MailChimp;
- other third party suppliers, business partners and subcontractors for business administration, support, processing, services, or IT purposes, such as Intercom;
- analytics or search engines, that enable us to optimize and improve your app and site experience, such as Instabug, Branch, and Mixpanel;
- third parties that you approve (including without limitation, social media sites, and third-party payment providers), such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter;
- our regulators, law enforcement or fraud prevention agencies, as well as our legal advisers, courts, the police, and any other authorized bodies, for the purposes of investigating any actual or suspected criminal activity or other regulatory or legal matters;
- tax bodies or agencies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- third parties in the event that we consider selling or buying any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to any prospective sellers or buyers of such business or assets.
Our app and site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not control these third-party apps or websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every app or website you visit.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures, procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure, such as
- ensuring the physical security of our offices;
- ensuring the physical and digital security of our equipment and devices by using appropriate password protection and encryption;
- ensuring the security of our data storage by using suppliers who use industry-standard encryption and physical security measures;
- conducting ID verification and fraud detection;
- conducting security and bug testing;
- maintaining a data protection policy for, and delivering data protection training to, our employees; and
- limiting access to your personal information to those in YATTA who need to use it in the course of their work.
You are responsible for protecting your account login details and must not share them with, or disclose them to anyone.
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your computer (or other internet-enabled devices, such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit a website. They help websites remember information about your visit, like your country, language, and other settings. They can also help make your next visit easier.
Our cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example;
these help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Our website cannot function properly without these cookies.
these enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
these help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
these are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user.
For more details on the cookies that we use, take a look at the Cookies Policy on our website. If you do not want to accept cookies, you have the ability to change your browser settings yourself so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the website. For further information about cookies and how to set your preferences please go to www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our app and site are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we take immediate steps to remove that information from our servers and shut down the account.
How long we keep your information for
Your personal information that we collect will be retained by us for as long as needed in order to fulfill the purposes outlined in the ‘Why do we collect your information?’ section above. This means that we will keep your personal information for the duration you hold an account with us.
We also keep your personal information for a period of time following the closure of your account. When determining the relevant retention periods, we consider guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities, as well as the time periods needed to comply with applicable regulations or laws, to meet regulatory and financial reporting obligations, for tax, accounting and audit purposes, and to fulfill and protect our contractual obligations and rights.
Where do we store your information?
If you are an EU and/or UK-based user of the YATTA app we store your information on YATTA’s Europes-based Google Web Services environment.